Isabeau D'Arbanville
Sunday 8am

My first day in Twinbrook and I had a lot to do before I could get to bed! Here's a brief rundown:

1) Register for the Design Architect Profession at the Twinbrook City Hall...
2) Take an Art Class at the local School for the gifted.
3) Take a Charisma Class at the City Hall - should have done this while I was there registering for the DA Profession - Doh!
4) Visit the consignment store and peruse their wares - perfect, they have a camera and a photography skills book.
5) Take some photo's around town...before it gets too dark.
6) Buy an easel and practice painting....
MONDAY 6am

Got up and practiced painting for an hour ---Fibeelay---Grab a bite to eat before I have to start work...

DON'T FORGET TO PUT THAT SKETCH FROM THE EASEL INTO MY INVENTORY



8am - First Job of the day

Name; Marshall Curious wants a writing room.

I visit Marshall and chat to him a little bit - I'm only level 1 so I can't take measurements and I can't "discuss Renovation" yet but I do learn a few of his traits:

He's a workaholic and a bookworm so (note to self) he'll need a computer, desk and bookshelves.
While I'm chatting I manage to snap a shot of him and his wife (who, BTW, is Family Orientated)...
BUDGET = $4,500 and the requirements are - Desk; 2 x Dining Chairs; Computer; Living Chair; Sofa.
This is what their livingroom looked like when I arrived...Now, call me rude and snobbish if you like, but I think this is truly revolting. How do people live like this?

Some Sims have no taste or style and it's fairly obvious that the folks in Twinbrook really need my services :)
I am going to be so, so busy over the next few months...


I start by, basically, deleting everything on ground floor, as well as all the windows and doors, lights, rugs, curtains...it all just HAS to go. I find that my $4,500 left in my budget has grown to about $23,00...yippeee...I can really improve the lives of these poor people.

I use some of that money to redecorate the outside - transforming it from the mud grey wood siding to a nice Ivory siding. All the floorboards are then bleached and lightened and then I choose a nicer window - larger, wood framed and slightly cheaper than the ones they had so it lets more light in. Also added a new front door and changed the roof colour to a nice forest green.
LIVING ROOM




I chose a Pale and Dark blue colour scheme
- not that these people would notice, but I take pride in my work so I like to make it
nice, even if the client doesn't care what colour it is.I gave them a nice big TV and a brand new fireplace (both cc) because fires make for a cozy atmosphere. I put some nice deep blue velvet curtains at the windows and changed the stari carpet to a matching blue. A couple of expensive sofa's and a brand new comfy dining table with chairs and a recoloured rug to finish off the look and then it's onward and upward to the kitchen...blah!

KITCHEN
I don't know who the previous interior designer of Twinbrook was, but I suspect it was a heterosexual computer geek with a penchant for turquoise checks and old country style kitchen's.Anyhoo...I deleted everything - apart from the filthy soppy (and, may I add) stinking clothes on the floor - I just moved them to another part of the house, while I worked - the smell was making me retch :



I tiled the walls with a large stone effect tile with a pale blue ceramic tiled frieze along the ceiling line, then tiled the floor with the same stone effect tiles. This gave the room a lovely neutral canvas of pale stone for me to work my magic.
I then added essential appliances, top grade cooker, fridge, cabinets and microwave, as well as a trash compactor and dishwasher - no modern family should have to live without them.


THE BASEMENT
I didn't even see this room until I'd almost finished the other 2 but there it was, a nice large basement with a designer's easel, sculpting station and TV. I deleted the desk, sofa and chess table but decided to leave the easel and other arty items.

Floors and walls were tiled with my favourite, stone effect tiles and I put a couple more lights in and around the room.


Then in went a Foosball table, TV, Comfy Chairs and a large desk with an expensive computer and not forgetting a couple of Bookcases for my bookworm client.

What an improvement :))

I finished off the job by checking that I hadn't left any walls or floors unfinished - always a HUGE no, no! and then I added some of my photographs, sketches and a few decorative items from Misc. Decor...I always try to use all my budget - except when the client is Frugal or Evil - and I had quite a bit left over so I bought them a pickup truck....

TURNING IN THE RENOVATION

Marshall was over the moon..he loved all the art and the personalised items (the photo's I'd taken of him and Rosy) and talked about how he was really going to be able to fulfill his dream of becoming a writer. He loved that I included bookcases, too...though he never mentioned the cool white pick-up in the driveway...or the garden ;)

Hoped you liked reading about my first day at work...email me if you have any questions...
isabeaud@hotmail.co.uk

Bo'ana Fatu

And here is the Curious' House, after I had worked my magic...
3 Responses
  1. Very Impressive! -EQ


  2. Aislin Says:

    wow ~ I never put so much thought into a renovation.. you practically re-did the whole house! very impressive and very inspiring :)

    ~Ais~


  3. Asim Says:

    You know your projects stand out of the herd. There is something special about them. It seems to me all of them are really brilliant!
    Kitchen & Dining


Post a Comment