Isabeau D'Arbanville

Day One - Monday 1.30pm
After a spot of lunch on the run, it was time to go to my next job...in the swamplands in the pit of despair that is the Darer House...
Client: Juan Darer
Traits:
Handy
Kleptomaniac
Inappropriate
Neurotic
Insane
Brief:
Painting Room, with Easel
Budget $2,300


Arriving at the Darer house found my heart sinking...what a mess, this poor, poor man, what has society come to when we can't even provide out elderly and mentally ill members with a decent place to see out their remaining days?


It's only redeeming feature is the lovely pond with excellent fishing...I told Juan to go into town and have a coffee at the Red Rendevous, while I set to work on his house!
I basically demolished it - this was going to be an extreme makeover Sims3 edition :)


The budget was tight, so I salvaged his inventors table but really that was the only thing that was fit for purpose. I rebuild the house into an L shape, skimming a little on the budget by making the foundations into pillars - doesn't save much but it does save a little cash.


You can see by this picture that the kitchen/livingroom/diner was tiny and very grubby...and it smelled terribly :(
I gave him a brand new modern kitchen and included my trademark Trash compactor and Dishwasher. Between you and me, I also left him some Laundry equipment so he could, at least keep himself clean. Downstairs toilet and 2 bedrooms and a bathroom upstairs all in my signature blues and whites, and it was on to the large living room, painting room.


I decided to leave the downstairs very open plan...with large archways between the 3 zones. Gave him a large TV and a games system to play with as well as a desk and computer so he could chat to his friends on lonely evenings. I did a bit of landscaping in the garden and, to be honest with you, I used buydebug and left him with a little garden of Life Fruits to play with :)


He did like it, but, unfortunately (and unusually) I had left 3 of the walls in the downstairs cloakroom bare and undecorated - Juan thought this was "shoddy" and I have to agree...oooh La La


Anyway...home to bed and hopefully tomorrow I will get some more fantastic jobs ...
ID xox
2 Responses
  1. Brittany Says:

    I was searching the sims for a look at how people redesigned Juan Darer's house. This is fabulous!


  2. Asim Says:

    i really like this article please keep it up.
    Kitchen & Dining


Post a Comment